Monday 9 June 2014

YOU ONLY EVER TEACH WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN

YOU ONLY EVER TEACH WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN- Seane Corn
 

I have been thinking a lot about self study this week. Especially in relation to the sometimes daunting timetable that can greet a London yoga teacher on Sunday evening.

This is not to say I am not truly greatful for my luck at a busy working life, but it was more an observation about where my own personal study has time to flourish.

Self study is one thing that my first Indian teacher Vijay warned us about as we headed out into the world with our teaching certificates. He said, 'I have given you all I can, now you have to do the learning. The easy bit is the training, the hard bit is integrating this into your life.'

And, yes, these past almost three years have been a quiet and sometimes very loud battle with myself. To be more forgiving, of myself and others, to accept, to listen not talk, to sit and read the books, to be still and live with the best intention possible. This is my Swadhyay. My learning. And the difficulties that I come across, the rocky roads I go down in my practice I can learn from and bring to my teaching the best I can.

On class notes I have a few extra classes put in with Celestine Eleven's Yoga School. They've been so wonderful and couldn't let go of them quite yet. So I will be there only in two evening classes, Monday and Tuesday of this week. But Liz will also be there to guide you Wednesday and Friday.

And if you like a family vibe come see me at Stretch. The classes are normally pretty busy so please book before you come via their website, click here for more info. We are hotting up for the grand launch of something very special with Stretch at the end of the week so keep your eyes open. 

If you have any questions, interesting things to tell me or ideas for collaborations or projects please drop me a line. 

Om shanti. 

Aquila. x

No comments:

Post a Comment