Monday 16 June 2014

YOU HAVE TWO FEET TO WALK, ONE TO HOLD YOU STILL AND THE OTHER TO KEEP YOU MOVING


YOU HAVE TWO FEET TO WALK, ONE TO HOLD YOU STILL AND ONE TO KEEP YOU MOVING.


The idea of balance in my yoga practice has been a long and old conversation. At the start I was pushing and pushing myself further, finding extremes and when I found a barrier I would push beyond it and ask my teacher, what's next. I needed more, deeper back bends, longer holds, faster vinyasas. 


This is when he sat me down and explained BRAHMANA and LANGANA. Expansion and reduction, the hard and the soft, the inhail and the exhail. 

We have to find the BALANCE in our practice to understand ourselves. We cannot push push push, as everyday is different. Some days I like coffee and some days I like tea. Not every day I need to do 25 asanas and half and hour of meditation. But then some days I do. Some days I like to sit around and eat lovely food and not think about yoga at all. And those days are just as good as the days when I am up at 5:30am to practice and teach. 

My belief is that we need balance. We need to be expanding in every moment, but also turning in, retracting, reducing. The constant dance of the inhail and exhail through our bodies reminds us of our perfect harmony. 

NEW STUDIO ALERT!
I have classes at Stretch in Broadway Market and at Columbia Road, so get checking the old timetable for any changes. 
I am also teaching a Wind Down class at 7-8:30pm every Friday at Columbia road, which is a great variation from my normal sweaty vinyasa classes. 

Also I will be teaching south starting in July with an exciting new studio in Elephant and Castle. So keep your ears open for this little gem. 

Also, if you'd like to follow me on Instagram I'm right here-
instagram.com/aquilarose
And Facebook even have a yoga space for me-
www.facebook.com/aquilayoga

If you ever have any questions about classes, 121's or private and corporate sessions please drop me a line. 

Om shanti.

Aquila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment